• Tocal Field Day



Tocal Field Day was a lovely way to spend a mid Autumn Sunday.  Among the endless list of attractions were a few highlights, the piglet races being close to the top of the list!


The animal nursery was full of cuteness, the craft displays were totally inspiring, the food hall was far too tempting, and the workshops totally empowering and informative.

D, armed with his schedule and map had a fully planned day of workshops including an information session on what was on offer at Tocal Agricultural College.  And I spent time checking out the stalls, buying tube stock, watching wool being spun and thanks to a very talented and lovely lady was able to try my hand at bobbin lace making, an art which I'd never heard of before but seeing it in action totally amazed me.  

At the end of the day D and I bought a worm farm which we're excited to have as our first offical pet, or second to be fair to our little Scoby which sits on top of our fridge faithfully providing us with an endless supply of delicious Kombucha Tea. 

It was a really good day, my first of its kind, and I'm already looking forward to enjoying this eventful day again next year.