• Propagate to Feel Great!


We have a corny tag line in our house, 'Propagate to feel great'.  I think it originated from an impersonation of Costa Georgiadis (Gardening Australia Host) one day and it just stuck.

But with the potential of turning one plant that you absolutely love, into infinity of the same, there really is a lot to love about propagating.  

I took a cutting of our marguerite daisy a few months ago and from what I could see on the surface it didn't seem to be flourishing, but twisting it out of the pot I was excited to see that my little daisy had grown a beautiful network of roots and was now ready to plant!  This wouldn't have excited me at all a couple of years ago, but NOW - oh I LOVE this stuff!  

We have many thousands of square meters to plant out and for this reason, propagating truly makes me feel so great.  It's easy, cheap, suited to any age or physical ability, and so so rewarding.