• Deer One - Baby Shower Crafting




D and I are looking forward to welcoming a dear one in late June who will be our first Niece or Nephew.  My sister-in-law Mel is having a total baby, not a girl or a boy, just a baby - the best kind of pending birth!  So when it comes to her baby shower it won't be a pink or blue affair, so I set to work on a crafty little something that will be part of her gift.  Ornamental gifts such as soft furnishings are always a huge risk as an expectant mother ultimately has full 'nesting' rights in a nursery.

I worked with the idea that Mel loves animals and yellow as it was the colour of her bridesmaids bouquets, and I also wanted to create something gender neutral enough that I would happily have it in a little girl or boys room.

So on Saturday afternoon while D and Az went for a coffee and a 'D&A' (this is a D and Az version of the standard D&M) I had an Amy Grant 80's marathon, and sewed up my little 'deer one' nursery cushions and window bunting.  I'm kinda in love with them, I hope Mel and Baby Rushie love them too...