• Rose & Wine

Today I am completely mesmerized by a chubby long stemmed rose picked from our garden.  It is sitting peacefully in an old wine bottle in our lounge room and every time I wonder past it's old world fragrance instantly lifts my spirits.  The wine bottle in which it proudly stands was one of Katie Jane's insanely perfect gifts, purchased based on nothing more than sheer label appeal (of course!), and I can't help but feel totally amazed that the joy this little duo brings didn't cost a cent!

Janet was wrong about so many things, but she was onto something when she sung 'the best things in life are free'.  I think appreciating the simple, uncomplicated things around us is such an important key to contentment.  So polish off some wine and rinse out the bottle, pick a flower to pop inside and just enjoy something truly divine, exquisitely simple and totally free!