• Lessons in Graffiti

In 2010 I walked everywhere, I walked everyday and without fail, if the sun was low in the sky or disappearing into the horizon I was somewhere in Newcastle East, on sand, rock, tar or grass, filling my lungs with salty ocean air and seeing the day out with a goooood looooong peaceful walk.  

One afternoon I wandered past the beautiful old townhouses on Scott Street and was stopped by a modestly sized piece of graffiti written on the inside of the entry way to an uninhabited run down terrace.  

How true were the words, yet how desperately sad that anyone should have to feel them.  I wanted to know what came after '&', and where the author was.  I wanted to find them, invite them around for Christmas lunch, tell them that they mean something to someone and that life is truly worth living!  

Watch out for the people in your world, don't be too busy to connect, invite, share, include, welcome and belong... because when it all comes down, what this lonely sole teaches is so incredibly true - what really is the point to this life, if we don't share it.