• Scented Soy Candles


It's SPRING!  Hooray for less layers and trees with leaves!  With the promise of many balmy nights ahead I thought I'd get crafting and gather the glass and crystal pieces that I've had stowed away and turn them into pretty little soy candles.

D and I love burning candles, but we're not really into lead, so we try to only burn natural waxes, in this case soy, and while they are more expensive than the toxic alternatives, if you pour your own it makes them much more affordable - plus you get the added bonus of making them in any pretty little thing you like!  

Among the soon-to-be candles I have a set of crystal shot glasses, a cute little tea cup, a crystal bowl which will be made into a mammoth five wick candle, but my personal favourite is the old Rose & Co LTD jar that I found in our house just after we moved in full of rusty nails.  The least expensive by far, but to me, the fairest of them all.