• Prized & Published


On Christmas eve a courier pulled into the front yard and delivered an unexpected package with my name on it. 

I could hardly contain the excitement as D signed for it and brought it inside.  I immediately downed the nail polish brush and headed straight for the kitchen bench to open the mysterious package from an unfamiliar return address.

Inside was a congratulatory note and the prize for the Gardening Australia magazine 'bird photo' competition, winning $160 worth of Baa Baa Brew (lots and lots of sheep poo!).  I was beside myself with excitement...


Thanks to the extreme cuteness of our little Willie Wagtail friends, we now have an abundant consignment of Baa Baa Brew, and here is a list of things we love about the product:

1. They had me at the packaging.  The cute little calico drawstring bags and pretty tags make what is a very ordinary looking raw product very appealing and easy to use. 

2. It is completely free of any undesirable odours.  When I opened the box (that had been sealed for a number of days) I was surprised to find I couldn't smell anything other than the sweet aroma of the lucerne fertilizer that was also in the package.

3. It is 100% natural and turns what would be a waste product into soil enriching plant food that is free of toxins and nasty chemicals.

4. It is local, Australian made and owned.

5. Most importantly, it works.  Our veggie patch has been thriving since we started using it, and I am sure your plants would benefit from a good Baa Baa Brew too!

(published in Gardening Australia magazine, March 2015)