• Tea Party - Enjoying the Afternoon Away



When my head finally hit the pillow late Saturday night I felt abundantly blessed.  A truly beautiful day had drawn to a close and I was completely satisfied.  

The day had been spent with all three of my bridesmaids sipping tea, eating yummy treats, catching up and chatting about all things strange, very strange and beautiful.

One of the highlights from the afternoon would have to be the laughter.  I can't remember the last time I was physically unable to quench my laughter.  At one point it was triggered while attempting to explain the process of making Kombucha tea.  Listening to the words as they were coming out of my mouth I just knew I was sounding like a girl gone crazy, "so, there is this culture thingy, looks kinda like a jelly blubber, and you float it in tea, and then it has a baby jelly blubber", and at that point I was gone, I simply couldn't get any further.  Laughter.  Giant belly laughter.  Sweaty, red faced, uncontrollable laughter. 

I was finally able to regain my composure and finish giving my 'Kombucha tea for beginners' talk, but I can't say how good it felt to sit in such good company and enjoy the afternoon away. 

Life isn't always beautiful, sometimes you have to make it so, and I'm so grateful for moments like this... they somehow put the wind back in your sails and send you into the week ahead stronger, happier, healthier and with a whole new memory to tuck into your heart and reflect on for years to come.


photography © rose alley designs 2014